Sunday, September 13, 2015

Building Your Dating Profile.

I'm going to explain how my online profile is built, you can take pointers and tips from this if you wish. 

My current profile has resulted from many other trial and error profiles.  What I have come up with now, I have received many complements on from guys.  They say its hilarious, witty, and just plain great.  I will post the content of my profile and explain it thoroughly.


 So this is basically what is written on my profile below.
I used the OK Cupid template since they have questions already ready for you to fill out with answers.

Notice how my profile is long and informative, yet not boring with huge paragraphs.
Huge paragraphs are a slight turnoff because...lets just say your dating profile is like your dating resume.  Instead of adding stuff about your past dates, just add stuff about yourself. You are basically selling yourself, making yourself look great so that someone wants to get to know you.

I'll write in red some explanations of my profile below.
***************************************************************************

My self-summary
Never married, does not have kids, has a career, and is independent.  
(NOTE: your first line must be right to the point of who you are.)
Congratulations you have clicked on a winner! Yes that's right, I am the full package, loving, caring, honest, loves animals, traveling, has higher studies, and loves receiving flowers!
Plus I'm learning to become a Jedi master so you know you'll be in good hands.
(NOTE: First complete thought, goes a little more in depth. this is where they will decide if they want to continue reading your complete profile or if they will exit out now.)
How do I describe myself?
-Young padawan learner, seeking the ways of the Force.
- Polyglot
- Slow but steady Solver of Rubik's cube
- Connoisseur of the fine things in life
- Lady of the vivacious sorts
- I like rhythmic ceremonial rituals
- I dance ParaPara and Play DDR and PIU
- I drive an 8th generation Civic and a 5 speed manual S13 240SX
(NOTE: This is where most people start writing long run-on paragraphs, it is much easier for people to read lists. If they see something on the list that they like they will keep reading)
 
What do you do? (Dont make it complicated, list stuff you do, throw in a witty comment somewhere)
- Learn the ways of the Force
- I dabble in the broadcast advertising industry
- I blog.
- I photograph

What do you do for fun?
-Aracde
- Karaoke
- Camping
- Movies

(continue listing, it is much easier than stating paragraphs of stuff, if its a complicated thing, if they are interested they will ask about it)
 
Why are you single? 
- I'm picky.
(Why You are Single isn't really necessary, but if you want to add it to your profile DO NOT go into specifics, it is a turnoff to read about your previous baggage. So instead just mention things like, "been concentrating on career," "new in town," or "I just haven't found the right one."

I like...
anime
cosplay
metaphysics
science fiction
karaoke
dancing and choreography
DDR/ITG & PIU
arcades
celtic and medieval stuff
archery
outdoor activities (camping, hiking, etc)
traveling
RTVF
architecture
paranormal
animals
photography

and some random stuff
 (This was just a re-iteration of stuff I like just in case, this is totally not necessary but I just feel there is so much to me, one more list would be fine)

 
What I’m doing with my life
learning to use the force...but I am a long ways away from being a Jedi master.

(If you are uncomfortable telling people what you are doing with your life, come up with a witty line  or just a basic line.  I already stated earlier in my profile what I am doing so this line was just added for humor in my profile.)
I’m really good at (self explanatory, do not go into details, they will contact you if they want details)
-Dance Dance Revolution
-Archery
-Language
-Learning
-making people smile
-karaoke
-board games
-painting figures
-cosplay 

The first things people usually notice about me
People usually notice that I am pretty proportional and that I'm not missing any limbs. ;)
I occasionally find people ogling at my posterior so it must be pretty attractive. 
(This is your chance to boast a little bit.  Here I make a small yet slightly humorous line saying that I am not missing any limbs, and I also mention that most people look at my butt, therefore I have just told you something about my physical body)

 
Favorite books, movies, shows, music, and food  (Listing is good in this one, if they are interested to know more they will ask)
Books: Brave New World, The Secret, and Sigmund Freud
Movies: Memoirs of a Geisha, Back to the Future, Howl's Moving Castle, Cloud Atlas, Star Wars, Vanilla Sky, The Prestige.

Music: eclectic

Favorite Anime series: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, School Rumble, Inuyasha

other: Game of Thrones, TED Talks, and your occasional Korean Drama

Food: I love yogurt, sushi, pasta, enchiladas, cake and ice cream. 

The six things I could never do without (list things here)
Milk
Sleep
Phone
Anime
Glasses/contacts
(insert name of future love here) 

I spend a lot of time thinking about (try  not to be complicated with a question like this...I decided to be nerdy and something funny)
the Force 

On a typical Friday night I am (Make yourself sound fun but not too boisterous)
Round 1, Alamo Drafthouse, or spending time with friends. 

The most private thing I’m willing to admit (not necessary but if you want to add just say a guilty pleasure or something)
I have "legs for days" apparently
I have a rather strong admiration for male orange tabbies. 
You should message me if (the section where you basically say what type of person you want or don't want, just being honest)

If you were born male, find me somewhat attractive, and think I would find you even more attractive then proceed to messaging me.
-No fat chicks

- No kids

- No smoking

There are better words to use than profanity to describe things. 

***************************************************************************
So that is how I built my profile, you may use this template and fill it in with your information.  
Now I know not everyone's profile is going to be like mine, for me I am seeking men who are independent, career driven, and without kids. 
But I know others like guys with kids, or don't mind guys who smoke, or are just looking for a good time. 
And yes this is a woman's profile but really you can flip it and turn it into a template for a good profile for either gender. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment